We regularly produce builds of Pioneer to make it easy for players to try out recent developments and to get feedback and ideas. We'd love for you to take Pioneer spind. These are unfinished development snapshots, and are lots of fun!
Pre-built copies of the game are available for the following platforms:
- Mac OS X (20140912 · 12 Sep 2014 · 176.7 MB)
- Windows (20140916 · 15 Sep 2014 · 153.3 MB)
- Linux 64 (20140916 · 15 Sep 2014 · 170.5 MB)
- Linux 32 (20140916 · 15 Sep 2014 · 170.5 MB)
Complete source for the game, including assets, is always available from our GitHub repository.
See the compiling guide to find out how to get it up and running.
For September 2014. Full changelog.
- Fix wrong reinitialization of random generator (#3156)
- Fix crash at Daniel's Haven (#3157)
- Cargo body needs to save/load its self destruct timer (#3170)
- Fix mismatch between saving/loading code (#3172)
- Fix behaviour of autosave system (#3163, #3101)
- Fix possible crash when accepting mission in paused (#2732, #3169)
Minor changes and tweaks
- Show buy and sell prices in commodity market (#3153)
- Add new author's names to name generator (#3155)
- Commodity sell price too low (#3161)
- Make Stars visible during eclipse (#3100)
- Cap maximum number of police GoodsTraders (#3165)
- Better background intensity calculation for Eclipse (#3171)
- Randomize planet phase angle (#3135)
Script and UI API changes
- Improve galaxy image handling (#3154)
- Refactor galaxy generation code (#2773, #3167)
- Recreate folder structure for sgm batch export (#3162)
- Cargo body improvement (#3168)
- Easier to model docking - Part 1 (#3075)
- Const-correctness in CustomSystems and Factions (#3174)
- Restrict FreeType to a single translation unit (#3175, #1203)