We regularly produce builds of Pioneer to make it easy for players to try out recent developments and to get feedback and ideas. We'd love for you to take Pioneer for a spin. These are unfinished development snapshots, and are lots of fun!
Pre-built copies of the game are available for the following platforms:
- Mac OS X (20160330 · 31 Mar 2016 · 261.2 MB)
- Windows (20160907 · 7 Sep 2016 · 226.6 MB)
- Linux 64 (20160907 · 7 Sep 2016 · 255.5 MB)
- Linux 32 (20160907 · 7 Sep 2016 · 255.4 MB)
Complete source for the game, including assets, is always available from our GitHub repository.
See the compiling guide to find out how to get it up and running.
For September 2016. Full changelog.
- Set ship texture patterns from lua (#3811)
- Update GasGiant config, detail and initialisation timing (#3792)
- Change SAR mission rewards (#3806)
- Made NavLights responsible for their billboard rendering (#3809)
- Adding an editorconfig file to define coding style (#3810)
- Add annotations to ShipDef (#3812)
- Additional mesh optimisation (#3813)
- Unused files from JobSwarm experiments 4 years ago! (#3816)
- Belt and braces approach to sanity checking for patterns (#3817)
- Brighter luminosity for random colours (#3815)
- Minor performance cleanup (#3820)
- Use a function to access the s_patchFaces to silence a gcc warning (#3822) * Multi-Threading modelcompiler (#3821)