We regularly produce builds of Pioneer to make it easy for players to try out recent developments and to get feedback and ideas. We'd love for you to take Pioneer for a spin. These are unfinished development snapshots, and are lots of fun!
Pre-built copies of the game are available for the following platforms:
- Mac OS X (20160330 · 31 Mar 2016 · 261.2 MB)
- Linux 64 (20160614 · 14 Jun 2016 · 255.6 MB)
- Windows (20160614 · 14 Jun 2016 · 226.5 MB)
- Linux 32 (20160614 · 14 Jun 2016 · 255.3 MB)
Complete source for the game, including assets, is always available from our GitHub repository.
See the compiling guide to find out how to get it up and running.
For June 2016. Full changelog.
- Enable using dedicated nVidia GPUs in Windows laptops with Optimus (#3715)
- Minor Noise library improvements (#3716)
- Add AMD Power Xpress performance flag keyword and value (#3717)
- Add EXTRA_CXXFLAGS to CXXFLAGS for assimp's version check (#3718)
- Keep cargo if buying a new ship (#3725)
- Disable Continue button if no saved game to load (#3731)
- Don't hard code strings we already have in translation system (#3728)
- Make trade analyzer removable again. Undo #3474, close #3742 (#3743)