We regularly produce builds of Pioneer to make it easy for players to try out recent developments and to get feedback and ideas. We'd love for you to take Pioneer for a spin. These are unfinished development snapshots, and are lots of fun!
Pre-built copies of the game are available for the following platforms:
- Linux 32 (20170827 · 27 Aug 2017 · 243.1 MB)
- Mac OS X (20170914 · 14 Sep 2017 · 209.7 MB)
- Windows (20170827 · 27 Aug 2017 · 215.6 MB)
- Linux 64 (20170827 · 27 Aug 2017 · 243.3 MB)
Complete source for the game, including assets, is always available from our GitHub repository.
See the compiling guide to find out how to get it up and running.
For September 2017. Full changelog.
- Fix orbital stations sharing an orbit (#4129)
- Make orbit radius relative to GetPhysRadius, clamp to frame radius (#4131)
- Avoid division by zero doing AABB ray test (#4135)
- Fix cities overlapping (#4137)
- Use fabs for double instead of abs for cross-platform compatibility (#4145)
- Set ARFlags for OSX builds (#4080)
- Stop tradeships crashing into landing pads while trying to hyperspace (#4150)
- Fix missile death notifications, clear thrusters and AI on target death (#4156)
- Fix engineers constantly repairing engines, and negative jump counter (#4161)