So I've started to integrate an example using their REST API for the GameAnalytics.com service.
Obviously this will need several things:
- discussion - is this something we want to do?
- agreement - user must agree and be able to opt-out / opt-in as they choose.
- anonymity - I don't actually care who is playing the game, just how many, how and on what etc.
- Linux & Mac ports - I'm only writing the Windows version right now - help would be appreciated when the code is more final.
- More developer control over the GA account so I'm not a single point of failure & so others can mine the data.
We don't even know how many people actually play Pioneer! Or in what countries, or what languages!
Recently there was the post by K-Hideyoshi where it turns out that we might have hundreds of Chinese players... did anyone know we had hundreds of people IN TOTAL playing Pioneer? I had no clue.
So what do people think?
What concerns would people have?
Is it a good idea?